Railcar Mechanical Repairman
You must submit a resume to be considered for employment.
GBW Railcar Services offers a wide range of professional opportunities, from skilled laborers in the field to positions at our headquarters, located in Lake Oswego, Oregon, a vibrant suburb just south of Portland.
We are now hiring a Railcar Repairman.
As the Railcar Repairman you will be responsible for all aspects of railcar repair and maintenance. You must be able to read and understand blueprints, make car repairs in compliance with FRA & AAR rules, and keep good repair records. You will also ensure all company guidelines are met and all safety rules are followed when performing duties.
We offer our team members competitive compensation, attractive benefits packages, and the chance to work for both a brand new company and established industry leaders. We believe we are only as strong as the people who power our company, and foster a positive, safe and collaborative work environment.
• Demonstrate basic mechanical skills
• Basic knowledge of tools used to weld, cut and torch metal
• Interpret job work orders to perform required railcar repairs; the focus is providing a complete, accurate, realistic and timely repair to our customer.
• Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours.
• Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks.
• Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor.
• Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean, and comply with all GBW Environmental Health and Safety Policies.
• Ensure AAR, GBW and customer quality assurance standards are met.
• Ability to read and write English at a high school level.
• Ability to pass a D15.1 or M1002 weld test which includes a horizontal, vertical, and overhead weld
• Ability to perform/prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
• Ability to independently establish work tasks in order to successfully meet expectations.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic blue prints and schematics.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toed boots, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves, hot work PPE, and fall protection.
• Work in hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
• Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure.
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 100 lbs.
• Must be able to frequently stand, reach, climb, crawl, handle, squat, kneel, and bend.
You will work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid and dusty conditions, and may be frequently exposed to heights that require the use of fall protection equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.